Amp for E500
May 3, 2007 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nfsu

500+ Head-Fier
So, what amp should I get for E500? I'll use it with iPod Nano II gen, mainly outdoor. Amp should be small, lightweight and provide sound with good highs, soundstage and details. Most important are highs, lack of trebles on E500 is so annoying. Also important thing, price of course: I can spend $80+shipping max (well, after buying Nano my wallet hates me).
I'm thinking about buying iBasso T1: it fits perfectly below Nano, has wide soundstage switch and bass swith (in case I'd like to listen to 'fun' sound signature
smily_headphones1.gif
). Is it the best choice?
Second thing: it is possible to get interconnect for iPod (from iPod dock connector to 3,5mm mini) which costs less than $30?
Thanks

May 3, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 8
Well, I have been searching (before starting this thread BTW), but I haven't found what I'm looking for (most threads are about amps which costs at least double what I'm able to pay and none of them is about Nano-style dimensions). I know that Xin would be just perfect but I cannot spend so much money. I know also that iBasso P1 would be great choice but it's just too big. T1 seems to be great offer in this price range, but maybe other good low-budget small amps are available on market?

May 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Well, I read about this amp when I was searching. I like minibox-D, but it's higher and much wider (about 1.5 cm) than Nano. It has also input on its side, which isn't good solution considering that rig should be still ultra-portable. So, I guess buying T1 and saving money for XSIV is my only choice.

May 3, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 8
I have a Go-Vibe 5 paired with my E500's and it's a suprisingly good match. Mind you I've just ordered an AE-2 though.
wink.gif

May 3, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #7 of 8
I am currently using the e500 with the T1 on both my Shuffle G1 and my iPod G5.5 and think it's great (the bass boost is fun as heck). For the price, you really can't go wrong for this amp... if you have a Nano and a budget, it sounds like a perfect match for both your rig's size and how much you have to spend.

Since Xin takes a while to mail out the SMIV the T1 should serve you just fine. It's what I am using until my Xin SMIV finally ships....

For a budget line out, you could probably get away with using the Sik Ram Din (http://www.sik.com/ram_din.php), or the upcoming Mutimedia PacketDock from SendStation (http://www.sendstation.com/us/produc...tdock/av.html).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back