Amp for DT990 PRO?
Oct 4, 2005 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

drxpert

Head-Fier
Currently running it unamped from my 4g 20gig ipod and sony pcdp. Looking for a more inexpensive amp like the go-vibe, so i wonder if anyone has experience using the 2 together? I considered the pa2v2, but the left-right imbalance issue is something i would really mind.

Other cans i have are er4p and senn HD497. If i get a govibe, can i have an impedance switch(for the 4p) built in like the supermacro?

Oct 4, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by drxpert
I considered the pa2v2, but the left-right imbalance issue is something i would really mind.

I have the PA2 and I have not had an issue with L-R balance. The builder (Gary) stands behind his product full-square and if you do get a duff one he will repair or replace it without any questions. From my communications with him he has had 2 or 3 returns from over 300 amps built. I also have 990 pros and the PA2 drives them surprisingly well, it is very powerful. I suspect any pot problem is more pronounced with low z headphones as all pots track better in their middle range. My more expensive Graham Slee Solo had a pretty pronounced LR imbalance at 6 - 8 on the dial to the point where I had to add 10db attenuators. Having said that I have owned one of Norms amps and that was very wonderful.

Oct 5, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #3 of 3
The problem is i live on the other side of the globe, so it's gonna cost a bit just to ship it back to Gary if i really run into any problems with the pa2v2.

Some guys mentioned that the pa2v2 tends to color and exaggerate bass, so i would prefer a more neutral amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back