AMP for DT990 600ohm with Xonar DG?
Jan 18, 2018 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zhoken

New Head-Fier
Heya all,

I'm admittedly an audiophile noob and I need a little wisdom here. I've got my DT 990 600 ohm running from my Xonar DG sound card through my m-audio AV-40 speakers which have a headphone jack (I'm assuming these are serving as an amplifier). This combo drives the headphones marginally well but I'm looking to change out my speakers, so now I need an amp/dac, or perhaps just an amp?

My question is: does the Xonar DG serve well enough as a DAC? Or do I need to purchase an amp/dac combo?

I have a very small budget for an amp so I'm looking for the cheapest decent recommendation for a amp (which can be bought and shipped to Canada)

Thanks all!

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 5
442_large_image.jpg

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 5
So you have said in other threads you do not have the Crack, yet recommend it?

Please stop spamming posts with pictures of products you don't own and have never heard.
I recommend it because everyone recommends it if it is a 600ohm headphone and with a brilliant signature the ideal for me would at least be an OTL tube amplifier.

Feb 2, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 5
I recommend it because everyone recommends it if it is a 600ohm headphone and with a brilliant signature the ideal for me would at least be an OTL tube amplifier.

And another instance where you are blindly recommending an item based on other peoples opinon, if you haven't heard the gear, don't recommend it. Leave that to the people that have heard the products. You are not helping anyone here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back