Amp for DT880 ohm
May 5, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by singletrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Preferable portable but open to suggestions on AC as well. portability is not a must-have though.

If this will be your first amp then a portable would be a better choice if you'll be using this with a portable player as well as a home source...this is what I'd want anyway.

At the lower to mid price range, the Go-Vibe 6 has gotten high marks along with those from Xenos...among a few others.

In the higher price range, there are great options from RSA(Hornet & Tomahawk) and HeadAmp (AE-2).

May 5, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks. Between Tomahawk and the hornet, which one is a better match for the dt880 if i listen mostly to jazz, vocals and some pop? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the higher price range, there are great options from RSA(Hornet & Tomahawk) and HeadAmp (AE-2).

May 5, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by singletrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Between Tomahawk and the hornet, which one is a better match for the dt880 if i listen mostly to jazz, vocals and some pop? Thanks!

To be honest I've not heard either but I believe the Hornet delivers slightly more bass?? It should also have more power even though I'll bet the Tomahawk has plenty.

And yes, Xin amps are very good but be prepared to wait around 6 weeks or more for one.

Did I mention the AE-2
880smile-2.png
It sounds superb with my 880 (250 Ohm)

May 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 10
I really like my Micro Amp from Headroom, but that thing (with desktop module) isn't what I'd call portable in the sense that a Hornet is. It is much bigger and has shorter battery life.

That being said, I really enjoy my Hornet with the DT880 - I just like the DT880 with the Micro Amp a bit more. I like my Hornet with my K601 better.

I'm a geek!

May 6, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 10
Thanks! I trie the AE2 with DT880, it is great. but a little out of my budget!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be honest I've not heard either but I believe the Hornet delivers slightly more bass?? It should also have more power even though I'll bet the Tomahawk has plenty.

And yes, Xin amps are very good but be prepared to wait around 6 weeks or more for one.

Did I mention the AE-2
880smile-2.png
It sounds superb with my 880 (250 Ohm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back