Amp for different sounding headphones?
Oct 2, 2005 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Beyer DT990 and have placed the order for the Grado HF-1's (yay!). I currently just have an integrated Marantz pm-66se signature amp and was thinking of getting a dedicated amp. However, what I am wondering is if there is an amp that can convey both sound signatures well enough? I searched a little but couldn't find this specific question (although I am sure it's been asked before
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I mainly listen to prog rock and prog metal (hence I can't wait to try the Grados!) but I don't want to buy an amp that has bad synergy with either of the two cans.

Any recommendations? It shouldn't cost much more than $200-400 or so. Also, I asked this before, but if anyone know how that Marantz amp I have perform contra a dedicated amp, please let me know.

Actually, when I think of it, should I just start with the cmoy to test my amp? Say if it's roughly the same quality, I know approx how the Marantz amp performs?

Oct 4, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the tip, although I am primarily looking for something stationary, unless the amp also got a wal-wart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back