Amp for both HD600's and CD3000's
May 8, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
perreaux or ppa... i know the ppx3 works well very very well with the cd3k's but im not sure about the hd600's...

The PPA and PPX3 we had here were both a notch above the Perreaux. They were both equally as good with the CD3000 as with the Senns.

May 31, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 20
What would you say are the pros/cons of the PPX3 versus the PPA?

May 31, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
What would you say are the pros/cons of the PPX3 versus the PPA?

Any tube amp has tubes that will eventually need replaced. However, the 6cg7 tubes the ppx3 uses are very inexpensive and high quality. You have to be more careful with the tube amp as you cant leave them on indefinitely and you need to be sure they are connected to a load when the amp is on. The ppa is no muss no fuss. You hook them up and forget about them. The ppa can cost a similar amout or be much more depending who builds the amp and the options on it. The ppx3 is great stock, and has options available too, but I dont see the ppx3 options being as much of a necessity as the upgraded power supply for the ppa. I think the ppa benefits from the best power supply you can afford where the ppx3 is fine in its stock form. Sound quality is very good from either although I personally put more emphasis on the tube amps rich warm tone and thus prefer the tube amp. I could certainly live with a ppa, they are very nice amps.

May 31, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonycool
wooaudio 1 or wooaudio 2,try it ! www.wooaudio.com

Tha WOOAUDIO 2 is one good looking amp. I wonder if he could wire the amp to use 6cg7's instead of 6922's? All the tubes used are very inexpensive too. Very nice!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back