Amp for Bose AE2
Sep 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lerioman

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm a newbie here. I just want to know if an amp would help my AE2 headphones sound better. Not that It doesn't sounds good, I love my headphones. I just want to know if an amp will help improve its already great quality. I usually use it for watching TV series and Music in my ipod touch. Thanks in advance.

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 7
My advice: dump the bose and get some real headphones :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 7
Sorry I'm really not familiar with better headphones out there. I just got these AE2 as a gift. I was just thinking if the sound quality would be better with a portable amp. :)

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 7
It depends on a lot of factors, but the sound quality should get better with an amp.

Firstly though, you need to think of other factors which will improve the sound quality. For instance, what's the bitrate of music you listen to? If you're currently using 128 kbps (or heavn forbid, lower than that) mp3 files, you first need to change to lossless FLAC files (aiff or ALAC on your iPod Touch) (or at least 320 kbps mp3/aac) before even thinking about getting an amp. This will give you a good increase in sound quality without even buying a new set of hardware (headphones, amps, etc).

Once that's done with (and if you have a crap music library it'll take a good amount of time) then you can start thinking about amps and upgrades. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 7
It depends on a lot of factors, but the sound quality should get better with an amp.

Firstly though, you need to think of other factors which will improve the sound quality. For instance, what's the bitrate of music you listen to? If you're currently using 128 kbps (or heavn forbid, lower than that) mp3 files, you first need to change to lossless FLAC files (aiff or ALAC on your iPod Touch) (or at least 320 kbps mp3/aac) before even thinking about getting an amp. This will give you a good increase in sound quality without even buying a new set of hardware (headphones, amps, etc).

Once that's done with (and if you have a crap music library it'll take a good amount of time) then you can start thinking about amps and upgrades. 

Wow that's a really great help i'll start fixing my music files. How do you change your music to lossless FLAC files?

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow that's a really great help i'll start fixing my music files. How do you change your music to lossless FLAC files?
You need to download new, better music. That's the main reason why it'll take so long. Go https://www.hdtracks.com/ here for a start, or if you use CDs rip them using Exact Audio Copy (Google is your friend), making sure to rip to FLAC format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back