Amp for Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO
Nov 29, 2008 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Drawnbychrist

Head-Fier
These are going to be my first cans. Looking for an amp that will go well with these with a Computer as my source. Mostly for gaming and music. I would like the amp to be compatible with other phones as well, will eventually get me a good pair of Grado's solely for music. Thanks in advance.

Edit: If possible a SP/DIF input would be great!

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 8
A SP/DIF input will not be on an amp rather that is for a DAC. There is more criteria we need to figure out to see if what we can find for you.

1. How much are you looking to spend 100? 250? 600? 1000? etc.
2. Do you want SS or Tubes or no preference?
3. Do you want a DAC/AMP or just an amp right now?

If you can tell us this we can better help you with find out what kind of amp would be better for you.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 8
First the price range is in the $200 range, maybe a little more if there is an outstanding product above others. I think I want a SS to start with. If there are any DAC/Amp that fit in that price range then that would be cool. But if I get less amp with the DAC, I would rather do just an amp for now. Maybe a CORDA ARIETTA? The SP/DIF isn't all that important, would just be easy.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:43 AM Post #4 of 8
The Corda Arietta looks for nice for the price for SS. You might want to wait for people more knowledge about amps for the best one. Even though you want a SS I would look at the Little DOT I+. Its a hybrid so its both tube and SS and for 109 dollars is a fantastic amp. I don't know if there are any DAC/Amps under 200ish that will be able to drive the DT770 to their fullest potential. Also SP/DIF isn't offered at all on any amp except the DAC/AMP combos which mostly will be over 200.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drawnbychrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are going to be my first cans. Looking for an amp that will go well with these with a Computer as my source. Mostly for gaming and music. I would like the amp to be compatible with other phones as well, will eventually get me a good pair of Grado's solely for music. Thanks in advance.

Edit: If possible a SP/DIF input would be great!

Well after you secure a DAC, I can say that I'm using a Little Dot MKIII with Mullard M8100 input tubes, for my DT770 and DT880, Both 250 ohms PROs. I <3 It!!!

NK
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back