Amp for BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro headphones?
Jan 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jtaylor991

1000+ Head-Fier
I have these headphones (80ohms) and they are good and everything, but would an amp make them even better? They are loud enough on my computer but there is a little distortion when I want them a bit loud. Can anyone recommend a good amp for no more than $500? I have my eye on the Schitt Lyr...

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm using an audio-gd compass with them and they sound fine -- it's a very neutral sounding amp though. I wonder how they'd sound with something warmer, perhaps a tube amp. You can find the audio-gd compass used, or the audio-gd FUN for a decent price. They come with a not bad built in DAC as well.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 4
If it's not that good then I probably won't want it. The Schitt Lyr is a tube amp FYI. It's the hyped 6W one coming out in March.

Quote:
I'm using an audio-gd compass with them and they sound fine -- it's a very neutral sounding amp though. I wonder how they'd sound with something warmer, perhaps a tube amp. You can find the audio-gd compass used, or the audio-gd FUN for a decent price. They come with a not bad built in DAC as well.

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 4
The Little Dot 1+ was nice with my 770 Pro 80's. I was warm and I enjoyed the setup for two years before I upgraded to my Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back