Amp for 300ohm Headphones (HD 650)
Jul 16, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 35
oh wow some guy on reddit told me i can actually get the o2 on a german page and its like 110 bucks! thats awesome if thats true. thats the link he sent me:
http://www.headnhifi.com/objective2
i even seem to have a lot of options. last option on here. does that mean itll come with with a quarter inch headphone in rather than 3.5mm? (and power on the back instead of front)
https://i.imgur.com/r2DgzWP.jpg
and if so, should i actually do it? i know the 650 is native quarter inch and has a 3.5mm adapter but that would mean i would have to buy an adapter 3.5 ->quarter inch for other headsets right?

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 35
Absolutely! I'd go for it. Yes you will need the 1/4" adapter
oh wow some guy on reddit told me i can actually get the o2 on a german page and its like 110 bucks! thats awesome if thats true. thats the link he sent me:
http://www.headnhifi.com/objective2
i even seem to have a lot of options. last option on here. does that mean itll come with with a quarter inch headphone in rather than 3.5mm? (and power on the back instead of front)
https://i.imgur.com/r2DgzWP.jpg
and if so, should i actually do it? i know the 650 is native quarter inch and has a 3.5mm adapter but that would mean i would have to buy an adapter 3.5 ->quarter inch for other headsets right?

Jul 17, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #24 of 35
hey guys,

i got the Sennheiser HD 650 off of Ebay for a good price today and im looking for an Amp now. i have an Asus Xonar D2x Soundcard in my PC so i am fine with using that as my dac. so i am not looking for a dac/amp combo necessarily. im looking to spend around 100€.
(ive seen multiple threads on this but i havent seen any amps in the 100€ price range that are also available in Germany, without having to import them from the USA. didnt get the 6xx off of massdrop because of import costs and shipping time)

is there anything that would actually drive them at this price point? i am guessing i would need one to unlock more of their potential. i have a sennheiser game one headset right now which are at 150ohm and i would say they dont get very loud.

thanks for the answers guys, ill think about it. thing is it costs 170€ here which equates to 195$. thatd be double than what i intended to pay, so im not exactly sure yet.

yes but i would have to import that which adds cost + the shipping from the US. if i imported it not only would it take a whole lot longer to ship it would also cost the same as just buying it for the 195$. availability for amps and such in germany is just really bad. lots of recommendations ive read on here, youtube or in "top amp posts" across the internet are not available here. and most schiit products are also impossible to get here... its a joke, really..

Might as well get the Meier Corda Rock.

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #26 of 35
@Guidostrunk
alright both the headphones and the objective 2 arrived.. i just have 1 problem... i dont know how to connect the amp to my sound card because it looks different than what i thought it would. i thought it would have a left and right in at the back to which i can connect my amp. it only has a quarter inch out for the front and a 3.5mm in, also on the front. do i just take a cable with 2x 3.5mm male connectors and connect it to the headphone jack of the sound card? and if so.. why didnt the amp come with the right cable to do so -.-
or do i need a left and right thing cable to 3.5mm

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #27 of 35
@Guidostrunk
alright both the headphones and the objective 2 arrived.. i just have 1 problem... i dont know how to connect the amp to my sound card because it looks different than what i thought it would. i thought it would have a left and right in at the back to which i can connect my amp. it only has a quarter inch out for the front and a 3.5mm in, also on the front. do i just take a cable with 2x 3.5mm male connectors and connect it to the headphone jack of the sound card? and if so.. why didnt the amp come with the right cable to do so -.-
Just use a 3,5mm Stereo cable from the Line out of your soundcard to the 3,5mm Input on the Amp. Headphones go into the quarter inch output of the amp.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #29 of 35
You did the right thing with o2, it's tested and true to be as good or better than any amp out there. The meier only popped up recently and there's really no point in spending more money for it when the o2 is a guaranteed bet.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #30 of 35
@Jerrod happy to hear that. cant wait to use it tomorrow.

using the hd 650 right now on my soundcard (asus xonar d2x) and im already blown away ... i used to have sennheiser game ones which are already decent compared to most "gaming" headphones (im guessing its the same as the hd 598) and i just had an eargasm with my current favorite song which i also have as a high quality .wav luckily (as opposed to youtube or some compressed mp3)
also the 300 ohm arent to bad on my sound card. i can still hear everything fine. to be honest im worried the 2.5/6.5x gain is way too much..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back