Amp enclosure design (crappy drawing and all :))
Jan 3, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More feedback please, I don't want it to stay this way!!!

can you try a different wood grain? mine will look like a normal oak grain, and make the edges straight? also maybe make the wooden part a little shorter becasue the tubes aren't all that tall. anyway, nice job man! thanks alot, itll be easy to build this when i can see it already
tongue.gif

*actually, could you make the wood shorter, but the plexi at the same heigt, so higher spacers? also after that's done, could you put a piece of wood covering one of the end sides (shorter) where all the i/o and switch and everything would go?

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #33 of 48
Quote:

I dont have any other "dark" wood texture than the oak burlwood. Does it really matter though?

couldn't you just import a texture like this?

fs1205-sc.jpg

im just saying i wont have the crazy look grain like that, itll look like normal wood you'd make a cabinet with.

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #35 of 48
How did you engrave that text in inventor? and also slightly off topic, do you use any integrated / linked CAM software with the inventor CAD?

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #36 of 48
looks great colonel! love the idea of the sloped send piece! and is that a cut out plexi circle ontop? lol im def going to engrave it now too.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you engrave that text in inventor? and also slightly off topic, do you use any integrated / linked CAM software with the inventor CAD?

To your first question, engraving text in inventor is done by putting the text on a sketch that is against a surface. It can then be extruded (yes, you can select the text with the extrude tool) and it can be engraved or made so that it "sticks out" for lack of a better term.

To your second question. I only use Inventor 11 Professional. Nothing else; it is the total package to me, plus, I can't afford anything else. Only reason I got Inventor cheap was because I got an education discount (I am a high school student). Inventor 11 comes with a rendering application called "Inventor Studio".

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #40 of 48
okay we have it planned out. already cut the right sized solid block of wood out, going to machine the inside out and cut all of one of the short sides out, then cut slots in each side of that side and slide a buffed (smooth and shiny like a mirror) piece of copper in to mount the panel components. Will decide on the finish of the wood when it becomes closer to time to do that, but i think im leaning toward that exact color colonel used, which would be like a dark rosewood i believe. thanks again colonel, ill be giving you props when its done for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

*the side width is going to be ~5/8 inch, and the board will fit perfectly into the recess, and will be mounted similar to a motherboard (with the female screw holes).

**mounting the panel components on the copper piece should also be good for grounding purposes
wink.gif

***i love those rounded edges!

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

You should have asked me for the dimensions. I could have printed you a nice schematic with all the exact dimensions I used. But ah well, as long as it fits.

well we got measurements and my stepdad machine the wood piece at work and made the main body part. I'll post some pics of it, and remember it is not yet sanded or anything, its just a piece of wood right now
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #44 of 48
as you can see, there is not yet any mounts for the board to sit up on, which means till be elivated more than that, and there i pretty much nothing else but the wood body right now, which needs some tough sanding to get out all those ridges, but it's def easy and doable
wink.gif
just a body and an engine. Vroom...

millettcaseprogress2ir3.jpg

millettcaseprogress1ab6.jpg

*it's solid wood, which i really like since it'll be that much stronger, and with no lines.

**I had a really close call earlier, bought had a heart attack. I had my millett sitting on the top of my computer case all naked and such, with a mobo pad under it, and my headphone cord got stuck on my chair and i turned, and it pulled the amp off the case, but the interconnect caught it, and if i had it plugged into the soundcard instead of my cd player, it woulda fallen to its death, and the glass of the tubes would surely be in my feet as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back