Amp dying or headphones dying. Help please
Aug 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ironsurvivor

New Head-Fier
Im using the 600ohm dt880 on an old pioneer sa510. The problem is every now and then the left channel only will go almost completly dead. It just stutters and kind of crackle for about 5-10 seconds and then goes back to normal. Im not sure if it is the headphones or the amp. straight out of my pc i have not heard anything. Tried iphone and ipad and still didnt hear anything. Im not sure if its because the amp is the problem or that the other sources i have tried just cant get loud enough because of the impedence to have it happen. Even on the amp its not that loud at all. About 25 percent. Anyway, any and all help is appeciated. Thanks a lot everyone. But after ive listened to music for maybe an hour straight it doesnt do it. But when i turn it on for the fist time during the day it will do it a time or two.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 5
I'd guess Amp.

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Thats a relief i guess since its older and i got it for free, but it is the only amp i have to test with right now. Im having my g9000db and never got to listen to my dt880 on it. So ill have to wait a while for the sansui to get fixed. I was still thinking of buying just strictly a headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back