Amp Designers/Builders Thank You Thread!!!!! Thanks for making it FUN!!!
Oct 28, 2004 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

xtreme4099

Headphoneus Supremus
After hearing all these threads, and having all kinds of drama words tossed around, id like to give a big thank you, to all the Amp Designers/Builders, thanks for putting up with us, thanks for giving us a hobby, thanks for keeping it fun, and thanks for keeping it different, i like all the manner of different sound all these amps, reproduce, it keeps it interesting, big group hug everyone, ahhhhhhhhhhh there you go.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

You Guys Make it Happen, Phillip LaRocco, Larry Milligan, Ray Samuels, Kevin Gilmore, Mikhail, Headroom, Carlo, Justin Wilson aka Antness, Rudistor, Jan Meier, Morgan Jones, JMT, Voodoochile, Craig from Eddie Current, MisterX, Tangent, Morsel, Xin of Fixup, ZZZ(where the ever #$$%! you are heh ), Eric343, Chu Moy, Apheread, Erix, Peter McCallister, Glassman, ITZBITZ, IpsilonSound, etc, feel free to add your amp designer, builder and just say thanx!
biggrin.gif

Shout Outs to Elantec, TI, Harris, BurrBrown, Blackgates, Muse, Panasonic, Elna, Silver and Copper Wire, PCBs, Diodes, Tubes, Resistors, Vishay Dales for making our amps sing!!!

If it werent for you all, we'd all be using the source headphone out or ratshack volume boosters
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 35
I'll give my props to Zemo, MisterX, and Eyevancsu
icon10.gif

Keep up the great work, this hobby depends on you!

[size=xx-small]^Talk about pressure![/size]

Oct 28, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 35
Thank you MisterX for my very first headphone amp - the Low-Z Cmoy. May the security officer at JFK Airport enjoy it for many many years!

Thank you Graham Slee for making the Amazing Solo, and to PinkFloyd and Lan for modding it into a monster! Go Pinkie!

Thank you Ray Samuels for the wonderful Best Man gift I got from my friend, the Emmeline SR-71! That thing is a portable beast and will remain with me on the go forever! And it will last forever too!

LONG LIVE DIY, MODDING, and SOLID STATE!

Oct 28, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 35
Singlepower (Mikhail)
Emmeline (Ray Samuels)
Kevin Gilmore
Rudistor
Mr.Woo (Woo Audio)
JMT (jmtaudio.com)
Voodoochile
doobooloo
sft
Justin Antness (headamp)

and everyone else that I missed out...

Please accept this message as sincere appreciation for what you guys do best. All of you have faced problems at some point of time or the other just like anybody else in any business. The truth is, without your services, headphone audio will be a lot less interesting with less choice and character.

You are all part of the community and as members we should support you with feedback, constructive criticism and appreciation for your efforts.

Recently things have not been as good as I would have liked but we can change and you will have to change too. Change is the only certainty in a world of uncertainties.

So buckle up for the ride and dont even think of leaving midway...the train goes all the way to the end and all you have to do is join us for the ride
cool.gif

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 35
My additions:

- Stax for the SRM-007t that drives my SR-007s.
- Helmut of audiovalve for my RKV MkII S.E.
- Xin for his products in general (I currently have the Superdual).
- Tim of EAR/Yoshino for my V20 (and also the HP4).
- Larry of Larocco Audio for the ultra maxed-out Pocket Reference.

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 35
Please don't forget, back shrouded in his self-imposed secret lair with laboratory laiden with test tubes and resistors - the inimitable Dr. Xin!! Thank you!!!

Oct 28, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #10 of 35
Thanks to all the designers... with a BIG thanks to Rudi for have built my RP010 !

Best!
Nicola

Oct 28, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099
After hearing all these threads, and having all kinds of drama words tossed around, id like to give a big thank you, to all the Amp Designers/Builders, thanks for putting up with us, thanks for giving us a hobby, thanks for keeping it fun, and thanks for keeping it different, i like all the manner of different sound all these amps, reproduce, it keeps it interesting, big group hug everyone, ahhhhhhhhhhh there you go.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

You Guys Make it Happen, Phillip LaRocco, Ray Samuels, Kevin Gilmore, Mikhail, Headroom, Carlo, Justin Wilson aka Antness, Rudistor, Morgan Jones, JMT, Voodochile, Craig from Eddie Current, MisterX, Tangent, Morsel, Xin of Fixup, ZZZ(where the ever #$$%! you are heh ), Eric343, Chu Moy, Apheread, Erix, Peter McCallister, Glassman, ITZBITZ, IpsilonSound, etc, feel free to add your amp designer, builder and just say thanx!
biggrin.gif

Shout Outs to Elantec, TI, Harris, BurrBrown, Blackgates, Muse, Panasonic, Elna, Silver and Copper Wire, PCBs, Diodes, Tubes, Resistors, Vishay Dales for making our amps sing!!!

If it werent for you all, we'd all be using the source headphone out or ratshack volume boosters
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'll second that. Keep up the good work, guys and don't let them grind you down!

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:16 PM Post #14 of 35
My sentiments exactly.... without their creativity, risk-taking, knack for knowing what the consumer wants, we'd be listening through the headphone jack of our Sony Walkman.

Oct 28, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #15 of 35
Thanks Jon of JMT Audio, for building such a great and amazing little amp in your PIMETA portable unit. It's my first headphone amp, and I am now truly in love with this hobby. You've reacquainted me with my music collection!

Also, as Jon requested in another thread somewhere, thanks goes to Tangent for the design that my JMT-built PIMETA is based on.

Thanks also to all you other folks who keep this hobby alive. This has made my home listening/writing experience so much more enjoyable. It's one of the consistantly nice things in my life. Kudos!

Ciao,

-Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back