Amp/DAC upgrade for Edition XS? Or just stay put
Mar 13, 2024 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Entropism

100+ Head-Fier
Currently running a Magni +/Modi 3 with my XS, and I'm feeling the itch to upgrade. I was looking at the Asgard 3, Midgard, or the Topping A30 Pro. The Asgard is at the head of my list simply because I don't feel like replacing all my cables for balanced, if there's little to no benefit.

Am I just needlessly throwing money away if I upgrade? Will I even notice a difference?

If I do upgrade the amp, I'd be upgrading the DAC later on down the line to a Modius or something of the sort.

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd pass and keep what you have if it's the Magni Heresy. If it's the earlier ones then there's better out there. The Asgard is overrated, I've had 3 of them and the Topping L30 II would be a lot better, most silent noise floor of any amplifier available.

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I recently upgraded to the Asgard 3 and glad that I did. In my case I was looking for something that provided more power and pushed my headphones a bit more than my Magni 3+ did. I got a B stock item and saved $30 on it. That covered most of the shipping and tax. If the Modi Multibit 2 dac is within your budget I would recommend that. It's $299 plus shipping and tax.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back