Amp/Dac to pair with Focal Elex?
Dec 6, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 18
Give it some time, see how you like it, and go from there. You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference, but at this point, a clean DAC is all you need unless you have an itch to try some new things or just want to change the look of things on your desk.

Dec 6, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #17 of 18
Somebody may have pointed this out already but Schiit has some B-stock and closeout items available. The Asgard 2 is a solid option. I use it with my Elear + Clear pads (similar to Elex) with great results!
https://www.schiit.com/b-stocks

EDIT - Looks like you already purchased an amp. Maybe take a look at the Bifrost DAC.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #18 of 18
Just in: I swapped out my Modi 2 in my chain with a Zorloo Zuperdac I had laying around. Turns out that I find it far more resolving and detailed. It's also managed to simultaneously improve the dynamics. Only place where I find it maybe doesn't go toe-to-toe with the Magni is the bass quantity.

I think this has to do with my Magni either being old or with a problem that I've seen some people post about concerning Schiit's USB output. Regardless, I don't think I want to use my Modi anymore, but I would like a dac under 100 besides the Zorloo Zuperdac, if only because these are mostly meant to be used as a mobile device. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back