Amp/dac sennheiser hd598 recommendation
Dec 25, 2011 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Fluffman37

New Head-Fier
I plan on buying a pair of Sennheiser hd598's with an amp/dac combo.  I plan on getting a nuforce Icon UDac 2 amp/dac combo.  will these two products pair together nicely?  

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 11

Good combo ~ HD598 should gel nicely, I've tried the uDAC2 with the Shure 840 which is a similar
counterpart in terms of amplification and it was a good match.

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Ok awesome, I've done a bit of research and I kind of figured they would go together nicely.  I plan on mainly using my computer as the source, however sometimes I will be using them as headphones for gaming.  Will i be able to run the sound from the TV thru the Dac/amp and then to the headphones?

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Ok awesome, I've done a bit of research and I kind of figured they would go together nicely.  I plan on mainly using my computer as the source, however sometimes I will be using them as headphones for gaming.  Will i be able to run the sound from the TV thru the Dac/amp and then to the headphones?

You can output to the TV through the RCA output but the only input on the uDAC2 is USB!

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 11

If you're using a full sized PC ~ probably best to just grab a cheap TV card and be done with it all on the one PC rig.

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 11
Well the hd598 combo with the Nuforce udac is like 320ish.  I wanted to get  a dac/amp combo,  so would i be able to run the tv sound thru the amplifier and bypass the dac?  If there is another option for a dac/amp combo that would allow me to do this I would be open to suggestion?  However these will mainly be used for music on my computer and gaming is just a bonus.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Well the hd598 combo with the Nuforce udac is like 320ish.  I wanted to get  a dac/amp combo,  so would i be able to run the tv sound thru the amplifier and bypass the dac?  If there is another option for a dac/amp combo that would allow me to do this I would be open to suggestion?  However these will mainly be used for music on my computer and gaming is just a bonus.

I was just thinking to myself, RCA cables i think you would need to any DAC than to a HP amp. So this is an amp/DAC combo and should work fine. As far as the headphones, grab the HD600's as they are better build quality.

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 11
Ok so I just ordered the Hd598's from JR audio website and the Ibasso D-zero from the Ibasso website.  Pretty good deal I think, got the HD598's for 200 and the D-zero for 131 with shipping.  However i forgot to save some of the stuff from the Ibasso checkout page,  I really hope I don't need to worry about that but I can't help but be a bit paranoid.  Nobody has ever had a problem with them right,  I assume they will send me an email once everything has been shipped.  They havent sent me any confirmation emails yet, and I was expecting some sort of confirmation email.  Anyway I am quite excited about my purchase,  this is my first foray into High end audio equipment.  My most expensive pair of headphones currently are a pair of skullcandy titans, I know skull candy has a bad reputation around here,  but I am quite happy with them.  They are far better than standard apple headphones,  but I am pretty psyched to actually be able to hear all of my FLAC grateful dead tracks thru an amp/dac and Hd598's.

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Ok so I just ordered the Hd598's from JR audio website and the Ibasso D-zero from the Ibasso website.  Pretty good deal I think, got the HD598's for 200 and the D-zero for 131 with shipping.  However i forgot to save some of the stuff from the Ibasso checkout page,  I really hope I don't need to worry about that but I can't help but be a bit paranoid.  Nobody has ever had a problem with them right,  I assume they will send me an email once everything has been shipped.  They havent sent me any confirmation emails yet, and I was expecting some sort of confirmation email.  Anyway I am quite excited about my purchase,  this is my first foray into High end audio equipment.  My most expensive pair of headphones currently are a pair of skullcandy titans, I know skull candy has a bad reputation around here,  but I am quite happy with them.  They are far better than standard apple headphones,  but I am pretty psyched to actually be able to hear all of my FLAC grateful dead tracks thru an amp/dac and Hd598's.

Hope you have a blast 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back