Amp/dac recommendation
Feb 24, 2015 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

j0ng0m

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy my first portable amp/dac. My requirements for it would be mainly that it supports headphones up to 600 ohms, but also needs to be gentle with my IEMs, on the other hand has to be less than $300 as guide only coz I'm in Europe and prices here are different.

I've tried the fiio E18 (which I like but is max 150 ohms), the sound blaster E5 looks good on paper but kind of a toy. Onkyo DAC-HA200 seems just right, but want to know more options before buying it,there might be something else and would hate to find that out a bit too late. Ideas?

Update: planing to use it with note 4, iPhone 4 and iPod Classic.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm looking to buy my first portable amp/dac. My requirements for it would be mainly that it supports headphones up to 600 ohms, but also needs to be gentle with my IEMs, on the other hand has to be less than $300 as guide only coz I'm in Europe and prices here are different.

I've tried the fiio E18 (which I like but is max 150 ohms), the sound blaster E5 looks good on paper but kind of a toy. Onkyo DAC-HA200 seems just right, but want to know more options before buying it,there might be something else and would hate to find that out a bit too late. Ideas?

Update: planing to use it with note 4, iPhone 4 and iPod Classic.

OPPO HA-2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back