Amp/Dac pairing for MrSpeakers Aeon
Dec 7, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #16 of 24
That's interesting

I personally heard them on the mojos and man they sound amazing on them.
I don't understand how the schiit stack barely makes it for these headphones.
Perhaps the mojo is just so good for the price? Can't be , I've heard alot of people say there are better stuff for the money though.
I may be wrong.

I'm kinda dying to find a desktop mojo, but I can pick a used mojo for like 300 USD so I might just charge it every night lol
The Mojo (and Chord products in general) should be auditioned at some point. Most companies have a "house sound" or, a lot of their products share similarity in regards to tech. Chord is a top brand for a reason, and I can tell you, its not because of marketing. I hope at some point you get the chance to audition! :)

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 24
The Mojo (and Chord products in general) should be auditioned at some point. Most companies have a "house sound" or, a lot of their products share similarity in regards to tech. Chord is a top brand for a reason, and I can tell you, its not because of marketing. I hope at some point you get the chance to audition! :)

That's a nice shop you have! :O

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #19 of 24
That's a nice shop you have! :O
Thanks! Wish I could take credit for it ha. Mark is the owner, I am his representative for headfi.

I'm currently listening to the Chord Hugo 2 as we speak. I really love my job and love helping people find the sound they are looking for:beerchug:. Feel free to PM me if you ever want an opinion on something. It doesn't even have to be about something we sell either.

Take care!

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #20 of 24
Cool! Do let us know how they sound :beyersmile:
Came home late last night and the La Figaro was there. Stayed up an extra hour blissing out to music with both my Aeons and HD-6XX's. I could have stayed up longer but made myself go to bed (it was after 3:30AM).

I have some tubes to play around with but have only listened to stock so far. I like to totally get used to the stock sound before changing the tubes so I can really hear the difference.

This amp drives the Aeons wonderfully, so much power, I could barely turn up the volume (same for the Sennheisers). Lots of detail, intimate sound stage, and the best bass I've heard so far aside from using the bass boost EQ on my iDSD BL. I have the amp paired with the Mimby.

This amp confirms that the Aeons are not boring but you need to drive them properly. When I first posted this thread that was my concern. I also have a better understanding of what "the Sennheisers scale up really well" means. I would say the same for the Aeons.

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #21 of 24
Glad you took my advice on the 339...Its a very powerful and versatile amp.

Dec 11, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #22 of 24
Came home late last night and the La Figaro was there. Stayed up an extra hour blissing out to music with both my Aeons and HD-6XX's. I could have stayed up longer but made myself go to bed (it was after 3:30AM).

I have some tubes to play around with but have only listened to stock so far. I like to totally get used to the stock sound before changing the tubes so I can really hear the difference.

This amp drives the Aeons wonderfully, so much power, I could barely turn up the volume (same for the Sennheisers). Lots of detail, intimate sound stage, and the best bass I've heard so far aside from using the bass boost EQ on my iDSD BL. I have the amp paired with the Mimby.

This amp confirms that the Aeons are not boring but you need to drive them properly. When I first posted this thread that was my concern. I also have a better understanding of what "the Sennheisers scale up really well" means. I would say the same for the Aeons.

I never had any chance to hear the la figaro but the drop is really intriguing. Glad you love them :dt880smile:

Dec 11, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #23 of 24
I never had any chance to hear the la figaro but the drop is really intriguing. Glad you love them :dt880smile:
I hope you get a chance, it's an amazing amp. I even like the stock tubes better than some of the recommended replacement tubes. I think it's great when the starting tubes are also enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back