AMP/Dac for Sennheiser HD 650
Nov 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Duper

Head-Fier
I am looking for these headphones and i wanna know what amp/dac are fully potencial for these headphones ? I most listening Pop, R&B, Electronic Vocal, sometimes Instrumental, Hiphop, Rock. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 4
People always seem to recommend the usual tube choices, like the Audio-GDs, or some Little Dots, or the Bottlehead Crack (which sound fantastic). But they really underestimate them with stuff like the Asgard or the M^3, which sound pretty amazing already. I think the Valhalla was tuned for the Senns in mind as well, if you're looking for tubes. Of course, if you're aiming for really TOTL stuff, I haven't heard much with the HD600/650s in that front other than the B22, HA-160D, and the Soloist, all of which I would heartily recommend as well. 

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 4
I am loving the Lyr and Bifrost combo.  It did transform the HD650 sound though, so if that's what you like you may not necessarily like the results of the Lyr + Bifrost.  The "veil" is no more.  The low bass sounds deeper and more powerful, and mids are way more forward than before.  Overall I feel they sound way more neutral than with my FiiO E7/E9 pair.

They work great for rock music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back