Amp/DAC for my V-Moda M100 and a future Sennheiser HD600
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ratto

New Head-Fier
Good aft HF,

In 2 months I'm going to US and gonna get a Sennheiser HD600 + a amp/dac. I already own a V-Moda M100, so i wanna get a good amp/dac for both the HD600 and the M100.

Atm my options are:

- Magni2 + Modi2
- JLabs O2+Odac combo
- FiiO E17
- FiiO E7
- Sony PHA-1

Wut would be the best choice for both the HD600 and M100?

Thnx in advance

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 5
The Modi/Magni and ODAC/O2 will have more power than the portable battery powered options.

For portable, I would also look into the Oppo HA-2.

If you want a DAC/amp now, the DAC in the Audio-GD NFB-15 is arguably better than the Modi and the amp is as good or better than the Magni. Plus, you get the multiple digital inputs like the Modi 2 Uber. Audio-GD is factory direct from China. So you could have it in a week or so.

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 5
The Modi/Magni and ODAC/O2 will have more power than the portable battery powered options.

For portable, I would also look into the Oppo HA-2.

If you want a DAC/amp now, the DAC in the Audio-GD NFB-15 is arguably better than the Modi and the amp is as good or better than the Magni. Plus, you get the multiple digital inputs like the Modi 2 Uber. Audio-GD is factory direct from China. So you could have it in a week or so.

I will look into the Audio-GD and see if I could get it in time, since i will be in US for a week only.
Between the Schitt and JLabs combos, is the price difference worth?

Aug 26, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Between the Schitt and JLabs combos, is the price difference worth?

I would get the cheaper of the two or the one that you like the features, ergonomics, and/or aesthetics better. They are similar in sound quality class. For the HD600? I don't know. Haven't tried them with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back