Amp/Dac for my Beyerdynamic T1
Apr 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

college guy

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm in the market looking for the amp & dac for my beyerdynamic t1.
I'm looking at the Woo Audio WA2 and the Benchmark Dac 1.
Please give me some advice on it.

Thanks and Gig'em

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 5
I have heard about the Woo Audio WA2 is great with T1.
I don't know much about the Benchmark DAC 1, but I read some review about T1. WA2 and W4S DAC is great combo to drive T1

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Benchmark, X-Sabre, Anedio, W4S, and Yulong D8 are all solid options. I personally think the W4S DAC2 is one of the pieces of gear I wish I had, since I hear so much about it. I sold my X-Sabre since its a tad warm, and I like a brighter system, but its a great DAC too, and its DSD capable. I personally use a Music Fidelity M1DAC, and I love it. I also use a BH Crack with my T1's.

Your budget seams to be pretty substantial, so it might be worth it to try the W4S or X-Sabre.

As far as amps go, the Donald North Sonnett is a great match, as is the WA2. You could also go cheaper and do a Bottlehead Crack like I use. I also like the Burson Soloist. The Eddie Current Super 7 would be good too, but probably not as good as the others. Depending on what you like the looks of more, what other headphones you plan to use, and what the rolling you plan on doing, you may want either the sonnett, WA2, or maybe a Decware amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back