Amp/DAC for LCD3s (I hate myself)
Jan 25, 2016 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Degenerator9000

Aka: pyrokid
So I'm talking to this girl, and at some point I weirdly shifted one of our regular music convos to headphones. She was like "wait, I have a pair of pretty nice headphones actually, I forget what they're called let me go get them" and leaves to get them. I expect she's gonna come back with beats, bose, maybe some beyers, but she comes back with a ******* pair of LCD3s. When I inevitably flipped **** and asked to try them, she told me she didn't have an amp or DAC and I flipped **** again, because the sickening heavenly-blessed god-tier luckout I'd just been handed by the benevolent, merciful Guardian Angel of College Budget Life was un-gifted to me before I even unwrapped it. She said she's been looking around some but really had no idea where to start, so now I'm helping her look for some good upstream components that don't really break the bank.

Her budget isn't exactly limited, but realistically I'm not seeing the need for a girl who's been listening to MDR7506s because her phone couldn't drive her LCD3s loud enough to go super overboard on the rest. Thinking something like the Modi2U and Asgard 2 range?

I've done some searches on my own but a lot of the replies are old, and component design hasn't exactly stagnated over the last 4 years.

DIY options are in consideration too, because I like building stuff + can guilt trip her into letting me borrow them sometimes if I help out :p

But yeah. Current thoughts are modi2U/bifrost and asgard 2, maybe even Grace M9XX just for how easy it'd be for her to carry places, but that's not based on any sort of pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back