Amp/DAC for LCD 3?
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 10
The B22 would be a nice amp for them...but its out of your price range. 
I was also thinking on the HA-160Ds. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 10
Thank you for advice, how would liquid fire compare to B22? Some one is selling the b22 for 2.6k its not bad. Also I'm not really looking for a budget amp with these phones trying to figure out whats a good amp/dac with them price is not as important.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 10
I loved the Lyr with the LCD-2s, but for some reason, wasn't enamored with it with my LCD-3s. What's your budget?

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 10
Not huge at the moment atm just trying to figure out the amount I would need to save up. Also trying to figure out what works well with LCD 3, Did a lot of research for LCD 2 but  going to get LCD3 instead, I assumed LYR would work to some extent on these as well since they are so similar. Was going to get LYR just for some time till I would be able to get some nice system.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 10
Are you looking for separates or a DAC/amp combo? If you're contemplating the latter, I can recommend the Grace m903. It has a very nice, very musical DAC and drives the LCD-3 quite well. They're spendy but are occasionally found for approx. $1300 used.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
Work out a budget and go from there.

Thank you for all the suggestions, I probably should work out some kind of budget haha. Was just trying to get some opinions, so i could start budgeting for the setup that would sound good and just having fun considering the "what if?". I mostly listen to electronic music at the moment not sure if that would affect the amp choice. Also has anyone tried Liquid Fire with LCD 3 read some nice things about that amp. I don't have LCD 3 yet would like to get some idea of what I should aim for once they are in stock and I can buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back