Amp/dac for Beyerdynamic T1
Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AkkiJU

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-fiers!

I just got my Beyerdynamic T1 and currently enjoying them and burning them in... I'm soo in love with these cans - they seem to do everything right for me, so I want to buy something to accomodate them.

Currently they are powered from a Aune X1.. Not exactly the best match, but it actully does a respectable job considering its low price.

I'm looking for a combo unit(amp+dac) that will take my listening experience to a even higher level, but I have no clue on what'll work with the T1 - I'm very new to the head-fi world.

I've been looking at the new Marantz Hd-dac1, but find that there are not many reviews around.. It's a store demo deal at 660 euros.. That'll be my maximum budget. Generally what I read about the Marantz is good, but it's very limited info. It looks brilliant though :)

I went to the Beyer T1 amp thread, but what's recommended there seems way over my budget.. I know my budget may seem low considering I bought a high end headphone, but I actually enjoy them a lot with what I have right now, but that amp is struggling a bit when playing at semi-high volumes.

I listen to basically everything and what I had in mind was something "fun" to listen to.. Something warm. Is that possible?

Hope someone can guide me somewhere :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 5
I use my T90 with an ALO The Internaional and it does a great job. I had an Aune T1 before this and can say that The International is a step up even for a portable amp+dac. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 5
I use my T90 with an ALO The Internaional and it does a great job. I had an Aune T1 before this and can say that The International is a step up even for a portable amp+dac. 

It looks nice, but I'd like it a little bit bigger for my desktop :) will never bring the headphones out of my room/home office.

Damn lucky you :) I'm gonna get those cans one day. Personally I would go with A20/A1/A2 as amp if I had the T1.

Thank you... Feel quite lucky myself... The sound is amazing :) as for the amps I am sure they're a great match, but even the small model, the A20, is 530 euro here, and I still need a dac... :-/
I read somewhere, that around my budget a combined amp/dac unit was the way to go.

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 5
And there's no way you could wait a little and save up for the A20? The reason I'm saying this is because I've read many people have few complaints about the T1's but when they switched to the Beyer amps they changed their view completely. So if you decide to go for another amp and don't like the sound of the T1's remember this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back