Amp/Dac connected to Amp
Jul 28, 2015 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thilly

Head-Fier
I'm currently using the Fiio e10k. I see that the O2 amp is on sale and I'm considering picking one up in the near future.

To use the dac from the e10k, must I connect the line out (3.5mm) to the input (3.5mm) on the O2 amp? Will this bypass the amp in the e10k?

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Yes, the line-output (3.5mm) jack bypasses the E10K's headphone amplifier.
Do you have headphones that are more power demanding then the E10K can provide?
I have the 02 and it is a nice head amp.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 8
I currently use the M50, AKG Q701, Philips L1 and Shure SE215. I keep the bass boost on because, you know, the bass lol. I'll use the Q701 with the high gain. I might not need a better amp now, but later on I plan to buy other headphones that may utilize the amp to its potential. Plus, I've read about how much people like using this amp. At the price I see it on Massdrop, I wouldn't mind having a taste of it myself.

This brings up another question, would I still be able to use the bass boost on the e10k if I combine it with the O2 amp?

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #4 of 8
  I currently use the M50, AKG Q701, Philips L1 and Shure SE215. I keep the bass boost on because, you know, the bass lol. I'll use the Q701 with the high gain. I might not need a better amp now, but later on I plan to buy other headphones that may utilize the amp to its potential. Plus, I've read about how much people like using this amp. At the price I see it on Massdrop, I wouldn't mind having a taste of it myself.

This brings up another question, would I still be able to use the bass boost on the e10k if I combine it with the O2 amp?

My best "guess", bass boost is amplifier only.
But it's something I've never looked into.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 8
I've tried it, the E10K bass boost is non-functional if you're using it as a DAC and running the lineout to a seperate amp. I use an E10K as DAC and an E11K as amp and use the E11k's bass boost.

Not sure if the O2 has its own bass boost, but hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back