Amp/DAC Combo for K701 and T1
Jul 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Boffy

Head-Fier
I have been driving my Beyerdynamic T1, AKG K701, and several mid to high-fi IEMs with my Fiio E17 only. I am starting to feel that now is the right time to actually get a desktop amp/DAC. So far, I am thinking of Schiit Magni+Modi combo or Schiit Valhalla+Modi. I have heard many good reviews of Magni+Modi, and I also heard they drive T1 and K701 pretty well. On the other hand, I also heard Valhalla works extremely well with T1 and K701, so I am very tempted to buy the Valhalla instead. However, I am not too sure as to what DAC works well with the Valhalla amp. Does Modi work okay with it? If not, what DAC should I get? It might sound a bit suspicious considering I have a lot of expensive headphones, but I am trying to spend as little as possible. I am really trying to avoid spending $300+ on a DAC, such as Schiit Bifrost. Any suggestions or questions are welcome.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 2
i wouldn't get the Bifrost, Modi should do you just fine. here's a comparison of M&M stack with Bifrost and Asgard ( not the newer A2 )

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/schiit-modi-and-magni-comparison-to-bifrost-and-asgard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back