AMP/DAC Combo for ATH-M40X and PADS
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sabron

New Head-Fier
Hi so I recently bought the AT2020 USBi Mic and the ATH-M40x for general use, listening to music and heavy gaming. Happy with both my purchases but there's just two things that need fixing.

The pads on my ATH-M40X are awful and I've been thinking of getting HM5 Pads?

The sound quality is good but the volume is low. I've been told to get an AMP/DAC combo and I want to get something entry-mid level. Not sure which one to get. Thank you guys

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi so I recently bought the AT2020 USBi Mic and the ATH-M40x for general use, listening to music and heavy gaming. Happy with both my purchases but there's just two things that need fixing.

The pads on my ATH-M40X are awful and I've been thinking of getting HM5 Pads?

The sound quality is good but the volume is low. I've been told to get an AMP/DAC combo and I want to get something entry-mid level. Not sure which one to get. Thank you guys
Check out a Magni 2 Uber/Modi 2 Uber. It could work. Just out of curiosity, what are you driving your M40X with currently?

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Sorry guys I think I may have resolved the issue. I installed some Realtek Onboard drivers and now everything suddenly went loud and I can hear everything but if i need better quality I'll probably upgrade my headphones first as I don't think the M40X are recommended for a DAC/AMP, never the less I appreciate the recommendations and will keep them in mind.

Jun 28, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Good job figuring it out! M40X will still sound better with an amp, although it doesn't need one. It will definitely help if you buy a DAC (but will only be noticeable when listening to hi-res music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back