amp cases could use some help
Dec 20, 2006 at 9:02 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like Context Engineering cases, here's a picture of my now-departed PPA that used them (click for larger version):

Definitely a step above hammod in terms of quality of finish. The have small all the way up to desktop sized cases.

HTH,

Nate

Where do you get these? They look similiar to the Rockhopper Audio case that my STEPS came with. He quit making stuff and doesnt answer emails any longer...

Dec 20, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by picklgreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get these? They look similiar to the Rockhopper Audio case that my STEPS came with. He quit making stuff and doesnt answer emails anylonger...(too bad if you own any of his amps i guess!)

Fry's.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fry's.

Or direct from the manufacturer, that's where I've gotten mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by picklegreen
They look similiar to the Rockhopper Audio case that my STEPS came with. He quit making stuff and doesnt answer emails anylonger...(too bad if you own any of his amps i guess!)

They are the same cases that Stephen (thrice) used for his Rockhopper amps. And he's still around but rather busy, in fact you'll see he posted in this thread
wink.gif
. You might try shooting him a PM as I've found email to be a pretty unreliable method of communicating, my spam filter catches everything I don't want it to.

Dec 20, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #19 of 19
Just wanted to let everyone know that www.diyenclosures.com is now in fact operational and taking orders. The DIY-0610 and DIY-0908 chassis are nice sizes for headphone amps. I wasn't happy with the idea of always having to choose from those companies listed above, none of which are both designed specifically for DIY hifi, while also based in the USA. The website is an ecommerce site which accepts VISA/MC etc. and shipping (domestic and international) is calculated automatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back