amp / cable recommendations for fidelio x1
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

gerpogi

Head-Fier
Hey all! I am fairly new to head fi and I was wondering which amps would be good for my fidelio x1. I like to use it for gaming and listen to hiphop,edm music. Currently i only have the creative sound blaster omni. Budget would be around 100 $ more or less. I've looked at the fiio products also but I don't know which ones would be best to get. Thanks!

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 11
You could use the line out on your Omni to go to any of Fiio's amps, it all depends on how much you want to pay. You should thus probably look at the e11 and e12. If you want a new cable, Mediabridge or Monoprice make great cables for the price.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 11
You could use the line out on your Omni to go to any of Fiio's amps, it all depends on how much you want to pay. You should thus probably look at the e11 and e12. If you want a new cable, Mediabridge or Monoprice make great cables for the price.

+1

If you are looking for a new headphone cable for the X1, I understand that some of the V-Moda cables work well.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 11
+1

If you are looking for a new headphone cable for the X1, I understand that some of the V-Moda cables work well.

Ok v moda cable it is! Thanks!

To be more specific, I am looking for something thatwould

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 11
I'm not sure what you mean by 'improve' the bass, that's a very subjective term. Getting a lower impedence cable may bring down the level of bass bloat, providing more detail and tightness. Both amps I suggested have bass boosts, but I'm already assuming you knew that. Please help me understand what you mean by 'improve' so I can further help you 
confused.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #9 of 11
I'm not sure what you mean by 'improve' the bass, that's a very subjective term. Getting a lower impedence cable may bring down the level of bass bloat, providing more detail and tightness. Both amps I suggested have bass boosts, but I'm already assuming you knew that. Please help me understand what you mean by 'improve' so I can further help you :confused: .

Sorry about that! I'm new to this and do not know how to properly describe the sound I want buy Yeah what I meant was a tiighter and more clear bass as I love to listen to bassy music and for games. (I could care less about positioning in games as I don't play fps, )

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #11 of 11
See these amp shootouts and then pick one based on the reviews and ratings (rankings come after the reviews):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596482/the-sub-100-portable-amps-shootout-11-1-amps-compared
http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-13-11-amps-compared

You'll see the E11 does quite well for under $100. I have the C&C BH.

If you don't need a portable amp, the Schiit Magni is generally considered the best at ~$100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back