Amp and DAC for X2HR | $200
May 31, 2020 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Javild

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! I am currently planning to buy an amp and a DAC for my headphones, which are currently the X2HR but I am planning to get the HD6xx once they are available again. I will use them for basically everything: Gaming, YouTube, casual music, movies, and any other audio related thing done on my PC.

My budget is $200 USD for both. I was considering the Schiit Magni and Modi but I thought there might be some better options that I haven't heard about.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 9
For a $200 budget, the Modi/Magni is about the best you could do.

Jun 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 9
^ this. I recommend Modi 3/Magni (Heresy) combo as well. Hard to beat at that price point. I use that stack with HD650, and at the moment, I listen to it more than my other setups. Definitely an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Both sound identical to my ears, but the Heresy measures cleaner. I own both and have done extensive A/B testing and it really doesn't matter according to sound. I personally like the look of the Heresy better and knowing it measures better to ensures I'm not getting unwanted distortion in my music.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #9 of 9
I think the JDS Labs Oldac and Atom fits your budget.
:point_up: This right here.

JDS Atom + Topping D30 (E30 if you can stretch your budget a bit). I replaced a Schiit stack with the Atom/E30, significant difference.

JDS has just released an Atom DAC for a proper stack, but I don't know anything about it. If it's anything like the amp, they'll have another winner on their hands. Sucks that it's plastic, but man can this thing perform!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back