Amp and DAC for Beyerdynamic T70.
Jan 23, 2015 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

whorn

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the Beyerdynamic T70 about 3 months ago. My Little Dot MKII is buzzing (I know there are ways to fix it but I want to upgrade so using this as a good reason). My Budget is around $400 preferably that or under, but if waiting a little longer is worth it I can do that also.  My only thought so far is the Beyerdynamic A20 amp. It is $200 more, but (again) I could wait longer is it is worth it. I also have a Schiit Modi DAC. I probably need to upgrade that too (preferably not of course). The (around) $400 budget needs to include DAC and amp.  My source is my Origin PC EON-15S with Sound Blaster X-Fi 3 built in. It is set at 196 KHz. And my main music source is TIDAL streaming (CD quality FLAC). I mainly listen to pop, classical, classic rock, and county. If there is anything I forgot to mention let me know. Thanks ahead of time. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 5
The Beyer amps are tuned for the Beyer headphones and the A20 pairs really well with all Beyer cans that are 250 ohm and above - I think it is worth to wait for it.

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 5
Is the Modi DAC a USB or an optical input DAC?
If it's USB, then it would be bypassing the sound card features, like the X-Fi.
Hopefully it's an optical Modi?

If it's USB, it's still fine, as you only seem to be into music, so X-Fi is not needed.

Have you checked out the Audio-GD NFB-15 external DAC/ amp, $270+shipping ($45?).
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm
(As the NFB-15 already comes with dual DAC chips, you could sell off the Modi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back