Amp and Dac for Aryas.
Sep 1, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #18 of 22
It is a beast of a solid state amp that people often pair with the rme. About half the crowd says the rme benefits from another amp and the other half don’t. I am in the curious camp where I can’t see how it could get much better. I do think adding a tube amp is a good option though depending on what headphones you would be using. The rme knows what output you are using so if you plug your headphones into the rme output you will get pure rme bliss but then pull them out and put them in the tube amp you get the tubey goodness with the control of the rme dac

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #20 of 22
It isnt your normal XLR balanced connector, but the RME has it: https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-pro-fs-be.html
For tubes, I like my Elekit Tu 882, it is an older unit, but it has 3 impedance outputs, Low, med, high. 0-1000 ohm.

Sep 2, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #21 of 22
Planars and OTL tube amps are not usually a good match but some are like the Linear Tube Audio Microzotl 2 is just a fantastic amp that plays quite well with planars. A transformer coupled or hybrid tube amps also do very well with planars . I just love my Ether-C’s and HE-500’s from my Amps and Sound Kenzie bit it just doesn’t have enough ass for the Abyss but sounded pretty sweet it is a transformer coupled amp that has a low and high impedance jacks so you can go with planars on the low side and higher impedance dynamics on the high side. Another amp I have that I really like is a Hybrid the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum and it does have enough ass for the Abyss. It doesn’t have a ultra tubie sound but still has that Cavalli house sound that is just a tad warm and well “ Liquid “ and just awesome with planars as every other Cavalli amp I’ve heard and just might like it a bit more than my Liquid Carbon but haven’t done a side by side yet.
I think the Arya’s would do very well with the Platinum as they are fairly low in sensitivity and would definitely respond to a bit more power behind them.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #22 of 22
Planars and OTL tube amps are not usually a good match but some are like the Linear Tube Audio Microzotl 2 is just a fantastic amp that plays quite well with planars. A transformer coupled or hybrid tube amps also do very well with planars . I just love my Ether-C’s and HE-500’s from my Amps and Sound Kenzie bit it just doesn’t have enough ass for the Abyss but sounded pretty sweet it is a transformer coupled amp that has a low and high impedance jacks so you can go with planars on the low side and higher impedance dynamics on the high side. Another amp I have that I really like is a Hybrid the Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum and it does have enough ass for the Abyss. It doesn’t have a ultra tubie sound but still has that Cavalli house sound that is just a tad warm and well “ Liquid “ and just awesome with planars as every other Cavalli amp I’ve heard and just might like it a bit more than my Liquid Carbon but haven’t done a side by side yet.
I think the Arya’s would do very well with the Platinum as they are fairly low in sensitivity and would definitely respond to a bit more power behind them.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back