Amoeba Records - Berkeley or S.F.?
Apr 5, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would go to the Berkeley one because of the close proximity to Rasputins. Also, if you are a student you get a discount at Rasputins.

What I'm a Berkeley student and haven't gotten any discounts, and I must have spent at least $70 in cds since getting here D: Are you supposed to show ID or something?

(here comes another, I apologize for my redundancy) What Amoeba has J-pop???? There goes the money for my MS-1's.

I love how I walk outside of my dorm building, look to the right, and see Rasputin's XD Then again I hate it too, or at least my bank account does.

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean Machine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the help. I personally hate driving in SF, so I was already leaning towards Berkeley. I didn't know about the Rasputin near the Berkeley shop. We are getting a Rasputin here in Fresno in the old Tower Records building.

Rasputin's took over the Tower building/store in Mtn View also. I like Rasputin's and I guess someone was going to pick the carcass of Tower clean, so it might as well be Rasputin's
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'm a Berkeley student and haven't gotten any discounts, and I must have spent at least $70 in cds since getting here D: Are you supposed to show ID or something?

(here comes another, I apologize for my redundancy) What Amoeba has J-pop???? There goes the money for my MS-1's.

I love how I walk outside of my dorm building, look to the right, and see Rasputin's XD Then again I hate it too, or at least my bank account does.

show them your school id and get a discount. I think it use to be thursday and friday but now i think it is anyday. It use to be $2 off any purchase on Thursday/Fridays, which was a great deal if you buy used, but now its 10%

Apr 6, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Berkley one doesn't have any. The Haight one has a fair amount of used selection. I usually get my new stuff at Kinokoniya(sp?) because of the point card thingy lol. I know I've gotten quite a bit for only a few bucks more than the cost to get used from Asia on ebay. I'd check it out. Mikado used to have a good amount of used jpop CDs but I think most of the good half off ones are gone(I swooped on Zone and Minmi
biggrin.gif
).

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
show them your school id and get a discount. I think it use to be thursday and friday but now i think it is anyday. It use to be $2 off any purchase on Thursday/Fridays, which was a great deal if you buy used, but now its 10%

You sure you're not talking about Amoeba? I went there and saw the 10% off for students sign.

Oh and 902, too late, I went, but I didn't even look for jpop. They really do have a nice selection though, compared to Rasputins (at least for what I was looking for). Both stores are sold out of Bangs CDs though, I'm amazed. And if you're talking about the Kinokuniya bookstore, yeah, I've bought from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back