Amityville Horror
Oct 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
Watched a lot of shows about it on youtube. When I was younger I totally beleived it, now I'm not so sure. There are way too many conflicting reports, and a lot of what happened has been exaggerated or made up. I still beleive something happened. You don't leave your dream house ASAP with your furniture and belongings in the house. And leave your business. One thing that is creepy is the hidden 'red room'. The room wasn't on the house blueprint. And was well hidden. I lived in a townhouse with a hidden room. Kind of creepy. I found the door in my closet. small door that was well camouflaged.

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lived in a townhouse with a hidden room. Kind of creepy. I found the door in my closet. small door that was well camouflaged.

So what was in the room? It would have been a good place to hide your stash of audio gear, gold, weed, guns, whatever...
wink.gif

You could have turned it into your own inner sanctum.

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 6
The documentary/interview extras on the original amityville horror dvd were pretty interesting. BS but interesting anyway. I liked the remake better, only because of improved technology though. The original was just hilarious.

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 6
I didn't beleive it after reading all of the reports either until I found out that a lot of the claims were exagerated for the movie which it was clear things were made up.

BUT the original family never made those claims. They only said what they experienced and it seemed very convincing to me.

There was also a picture of a kids face that looked like a ghost when some film crews spent the night. They said they experienced nothing out of the ordinary and there were no kids there. They wrote the picture off as a reflection but it looks like one of the kids that was murdered... creapy stuff

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't beleive it after reading all of the reports either until I found out that a lot of the claims were exagerated for the movie which it was clear things were made up.

BUT the original family never made those claims. They only said what they experienced and it seemed very convincing to me.

There was also a picture of a kids face that looked like a ghost when some film crews spent the night. They said they experienced nothing out of the ordinary and there were no kids there. They wrote the picture off as a reflection but it looks like one of the kids that was murdered... creapy stuff

I dont know if that was a comment for me, but when I said BS I was talking about the two documentarys on the 2 dvd special edition of the original movie (originally on history channel). Obviously the movies are just movies. The documentarys also include an interview with George/Kathy Lutz, "the original family". The kids face picture and all that are there too. Oh btw, the documentarys were made about 20 years after the original movie, and the remake movie/special edition was released about 5 years later.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back