American vs European power grid
Nov 16, 2005 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
I have a question I hope someone can answer. The pins on american adapters are different than european ones. Why is this? And also, I have searched a little around but I can't find a converter for american type pins so that I can get an american adapter to work in europe (and it's a universal 110-240V adapter).

Does anyone know if there exists such a thing?

Nov 17, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 4
'course they do.

One thing you might want to know is Euro doesn't seem to be polarized, but it matters here. I have something with a Euro plug. I bought a US-to-Euro adapter that has some connectors to adapt it in the other direction. It's ugly, but I only need it temporarily, and later I can throw out those adapters and use it if I ever travel to Europe. Thing is, if I insert the adapter in one direction, it buzzes like mad and gets really flaky. If I insert it in the other direction, it all works.

Nov 17, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning
'course they do.

One thing you might want to know is Euro doesn't seem to be polarized, but it matters here. I have something with a Euro plug. I bought a US-to-Euro adapter that has some connectors to adapt it in the other direction. It's ugly, but I only need it temporarily, and later I can throw out those adapters and use it if I ever travel to Europe. Thing is, if I insert the adapter in one direction, it buzzes like mad and gets really flaky. If I insert it in the other direction, it all works.

Thanks for the answer. Do you know where I could find a US to Euro adapter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back