American Natalie Imbruglia CD
Mar 6, 2002 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nugen

Head-Fier
I know overseas, there was a huge problem concerning little blips that bmg tried to insert to disable burning of the cd, but does this pertain the the N. American Release as well?

Mar 8, 2002 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 6
When the copyright-protected version came out in the UK, there were lots of complaints (e.g. can't play on PCDP to record digitally to MD). If I recall correctly, BMG eventually came out with discs that don't have the technology.

I bought the album here in Bangkok, Thailand... and it didn't come with that technology.

Don't know what they're up to in the US now... read that NYT article and I'm under the impression that it's all messed up at the moment. The sad thing is that the major labels are totally missing the point on the issue of MP3s.

Mar 9, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 6
B00005YX34.01.LZZZZZZZ

I'd also be curious of the Japanese version is "protected", as that one has bonus tracks, so I'll be getting that one.

I currently have the UK version (or, "one of the UK versions"). How do I tell if it's protected? I got it long ago enough, that I thought I would have gotten one of the protected copies, but it played in every player I have. (Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't try it in the computer...will have to try that.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back