American iPod Classic's User needed!!!
Dec 27, 2007 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

KromaXamorK

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I am a French user and we have got a sound limitation with the Apple's firmware.
I need your help to find a download site with your firmware if it's possible.
Thanks a lot.
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 39
Can I ask is it really a problem? It seems like you have an amp, so you could be able to get your music to your ears way too loud.

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 39
Yes, the US firmware won't solve that problem. Many have already tried that without success.

There is nothing that can solve the problem right now, I think, since I also have a European ipod classic and I've been looking for a solution. Maybe in some months there will be one, like gopod or something similar...

You have a Cowon D2 I see, how does it compare to the ipod in sound quality and ease of use?

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the American FW won't help

Quote:

Originally Posted by uppis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I ask is it really a problem? It seems like you have an amp, so you could be able to get your music to your ears way too loud.

Ok in fact I want to use my K701 without the amp, and for IEM, for extrem portability, more dynamism.
The amp is for a sedentary using.
Quote:

Originally Posted by amp 36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the US firmware won't solve that problem. Many have already tried that without success.

There is nothing that can solve the problem right now, I think, since I also have a European ipod classic and I've been looking for a solution. Maybe in some months there will be one, like gopod or something similar...

You have a Cowon D2 I see, how does it compare to the ipod in sound quality and ease of use?

Sorry I've got little vocabulary to explain the diferrence in english but for me D2 and iPod have got a different sounding, more colder, with a soundstage more ample for iPod.
I like two of them but it's a different way to listening music.
Hope it's understanding.
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by me7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know how big the loudness difference really is. Has anyone compared an American and an European iPod directly?

The difference is huge. I have listened to a US ipod nano against my EU one and I would say yo get between 25-30% less power with the EU model. Which sucks...

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes but it will not fix the volume limitation
frown.gif

Really??? :'(
Because I upgrade the volume of all my files in iTunes, the sound is louder at the same than before but when I'm reaching the middle of the volumeter there are no more changes.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 39
And if the limit is in software, there is most likely not going to be cure before somebody cracks the classics firmware. Which can take a while, beacuse nobody haven't cracked 2gen nano's either, which is crypted too.

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by me7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know how big the loudness difference really is. Has anyone compared an American and an European iPod directly?

I think (from what I remember) that the American iPod outputs at up to 105dB and the European versions output at 100dB.

Also, the Classic's operating system has a "volume limit" bar which you can adjust. I think the default setting is halfway. Turn it all the way up.

As far as actual volume goes, don't listen too loud. It's not good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back