American Idiot - computer won't read??
Feb 8, 2006 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xixco

Head-Fier
I already searched and found nothing
1st post telling me I'm stupid gets a virtual cookie
biggrin.gif

..and yes I'm talking about Green Day's American Idiot

Anyways, my computer won't read this disc, yet it's even supposed to have "Enhanced" stuff on it. Does this have anything to do with autorun software or something like that, or is my disc just a triflin'-ass BIT¢H?

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 6
It's a good thing you computer won't read it, it's not that great of an album
tongue.gif

But seriously, my drive (Plextor) wouldn't read it either. Neither would the Pioneer headunit in my car. The only cdps that would read it is my crappy JVC HT and an old portable Panasonic. It's sad when you can't listen to an album because of support issues...

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 6
I borrowed the cd form my sister and it played fine on my computer. I have a Samsung drive if that helps any.

Are you saying you can't get the Enhanced stuff to play or is your computer not reading there's a cd at all?

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 6
My computer wouldn't read the cd at all. I tried both my Plextor 712SA & an old Sony CD-RW.

Dunno if it was a defective cd or what the problem was..

Feb 8, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
My computer wouldn't read the cd at all. I tried both my Plextor 712SA & an old Sony CD-RW.

Dunno if it was a defective cd or what the problem was..

I have a PlexWriter Premium on my computer, and I had not troubles playing the disc or ripping it. That's very odd.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 6
The drive flashes for a few seconds after putting the disc in, then finally doesn't register that there's a disc at all.

Initially I thought it was something to do w/iTunes, but then later I found that EAC didn't read it either.
**and just now I see that Windows Explorer doesn't see a disc either.

My drive is a Samsung also, SM-352B.

the other day the drive made weird noises while trying to read the disc -- kinda scary. Didn't do that last night, though.

Good to know it's not just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back