America holds its breath as it awaits Bonds' 755th, 756th, ... HRs! Do You Care?
Aug 3, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #91 of 130
This is the question!
Greg Maddux vs. Barry Bonds

Regarding A-Rod, it's too early to judge.

blink.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #93 of 130
what Barry Bonds had said when he had broken Babe Ruth's record 714:
People don't like it because I broke white boy's record.

I don't remember exactly the wording, but I remember the two words: 'white boy'.

What can he say now? Hank Aaron is also Afro-American.

Read this and this!

blink.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #94 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, he has (by far) the best chance of any active player to pass Bonds.

Your analysis of A-Rod's potential future is dead on, I think. But I also think the most important thing you wrote is what I quoted above. That sentence sums up his potential, based on his career to-date, and only to-date. That's all there is, and everything else is just conjecture.

But in the zero-attention-span, media saturated world in which we live, everything has to be presented in simple, sensational terms. The second a player emerges with the potential to break a significant record, the sports networks make the sort of calculations that have most recently been made about A-Rod's career.

As I said: It's all conjecture. That said, and re-said, I still hope to see him do it a few years down the road.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #95 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember exactly the wording, but I remember the two words: 'white boy'.

It makes you wonder about some people. How can one be so bitter and a jerk making all that jack to play a friggin' game and be admired err hated by millions.

Here's my idea for spoiled spoil sorry sod athletes - a years banishment. Give up the house, the cars, the broads. For that year, you will earn by picking fruit with green cards. Hell, maybe a soul sucking 9 to 5 401k cubicle tour would do the trick.

ESPN Banner: Bonds: 0-4

When will it end? It's akin to a train wreck now. I can't help it. For this morbid obsession, my personal punishment is watching the Giants.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #97 of 130
reference by Barry Bonds to the 'white boy' thing.

Quote:

On that trip Bonds began making racial remarks about McGwire to Kimberly Bell. According to Bell he would repeat them throughout the summer, as McGwire and Sammy Sosa, the buff, fan-friendly Chicago Cubs slugger who also was hitting home runs at an amazing rate, became the talk of the nation.

"They're just letting him do it because he's a white boy," Bonds said of McGwire and his chase of Maris's record.

The above text is taken from here.

Being myself a white boy it does not bother me a bit, but it tells me something about Barry.

Quote:

Bonds stood up, looked me in the eye and said, “I don't sign for white people.”

Taken from this. I cannot believe this!

blink.gif

P.S.
Please do not to start any racial comments, remarks etc.

Aug 5, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #99 of 130
755 happened in the 2nd at the Padres a few minutes ago. If anyone cares.

I do.

Aug 5, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #103 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm happier for the guy who caught the ball.

QFT! Some idiot would probably pay into the hundreds for it! Thats a new pair of cans!

Aug 5, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #104 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QFT! Some idiot would probably pay into the hundreds for it! Thats a new pair of cans!

Yesterday I watched on tv a guy who is a dealer of Barry Bonds' memorabilia who said:

Quote:

The 715th ball (passing Babe Ruth's record) was sold for $230,000.
Yes, that is two hundred and thirty thousand American dollars!

The 755th ball is (will be) worth at least $200,000 or so!
It remains to be seen.

The next one, ie the 756th (breaking Aaron's record) will be worth
between $700,000 and $1,000,000. Yes, around one million US dollars!

For the 756th ball you could easily buy the whole Head-Fi.org site!!!

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back