Ambrosia headphone from Nectar Sound
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #61 of 85
Dec 16, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #62 of 85
Still rocking this headphone regularly. I tend to be extremely picky, and yet it has earned love from my cold dead heart lol

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #63 of 85
I just got mine in tonight. Very nice! Running a Cayin RU7 burning it in. My Nitsch Pietous Maximus will be here Monday.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #64 of 85
Has anyone else felt like it had too much clamp? Does it improve with use? I'll email him tomorrow, but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #65 of 85
Has anyone else felt like it had too much clamp? Does it improve with use? I'll email him tomorrow, but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
I haven't felt that at all. I actually find it a little sloppy, but very comfortable.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #66 of 85
Just got my Nitsch and hooked it up with my Modius E. Sounds good even cold! Mid gain turned up to 1:00.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #67 of 85
Custom Cans Ultra Capacitance cable for the win again. Works a trick with this headphone adding a small but noticeable dose of layering, separation and depth/width. Purchased this one for my Bokeh which is on the way, but tried it on this headphone and love it, so now I need another one for the Bokeh. I promptly purchased another lol

DSC_0284.JPG

W Ether angled pads from the iPad w Roon arc and my trusty iBasso DC 04

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #68 of 85
I had the Hive and the amp I had for it was just inadequate. I am keen to giving the Ambrosia a try and I think I would have loved the Hive if I had the proper gear.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #69 of 85
Custom Cans Ultra Capacitance cable for the win again. Works a trick with this headphone adding a small but noticeable dose of layering, separation and depth/width. Purchased this one for my Bokeh which is on the way, but tried it on this headphone and love it, so now I need another one for the Bokeh. I promptly purchased another lol

DSC_0284.JPG

W Ether angled pads from the iPad w Roon arc and my trusty iBasso DC 04
I never thought of that. I am trying to sell a pair of Ether angled pads and never thought of trying them in my Ambrosia's. I will do that on their next rotation.

What difference do you find from the stock pads?

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #70 of 85
Just got my Nitsch and hooked it up with my Modius E. Sounds good even cold! Mid gain turned up to 1:00.
What amp?

I never thought of that. I am trying to sell a pair of Ether angled pads and never thought of trying them in my Ambrosia's. I will do that on their next rotation.

Cheap aliexpress perforated angled leather pads have more U-shaped sound. More bass and less midrange.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #71 of 85

Main difference is in the staging. There's a little more width. The bass is a bit tighter w the solid leather pads.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #72 of 85
I also cut away the lining so there's nothing between my ears and the metal barrier that covers the driver

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #73 of 85
I also cut away the lining so there's nothing between my ears and the metal barrier that covers the driver
Geez, there's not much to that lining anyway. It is pretty much see through nylon.
Have you seen the large, thick chunk of foam in the HD660S2's? It is now just a piece of black panty hose in mine. :smile:

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #74 of 85
Geez, there's not much to that lining anyway. It is pretty much see through nylon.
Have you seen the large, thick chunk of foam in the HD660S2's? It is now just a piece of black panty hose in mine. :smile:

Lol same for me and my 600. Been using fine silk for a long time.

I tried silk over the driver w the Ether pads on the Ambrosia and it sounded better w nothing there. It's really amazing how smooth and inoffensive they are while still retrieving a good amount of detail.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #75 of 85
I just listed mine in the classifieds...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back