Ambrosia headphone from Nectar Sound
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #47 of 85
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #48 of 85
Very hard to beat at $399.00.
I'm no bass head nor like anything bass prominent. Neutral bass yet extended, yes. A good non recessed midrange region presence is what I crave for and call fun. I don't mind rolled of highs as long as it still sparkles, would still appreciate a bit of extension. LOL did I just described the AT house sound :beyersmile:

Nov 14, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #49 of 85
I'm no bass head nor like anything bass prominent. Neutral bass yet extended, yes. A good non recessed midrange region presence is what I crave for and call fun. I don't mind rolled of highs as long as it still sparkles, would still appreciate a bit of extension. LOL did I just described the AT house sound :beyersmile:
It all works for me and they do take to some bass boost. I just go one notch on my iFi amp with bass boost and it sounds very natural.
They may not be the best at any one thing, but they don't anything wrong, IMO.

Nov 14, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #50 of 85
It all works for me and they do take to some bass boost. I just go one notch on my iFi amp with bass boost and it sounds very natural.
They may not be the best at any one thing, but they don't anything wrong, IMO.
Neve a bad thing to bump up some lows once in a while for me.
No scooped out mids tho?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #51 of 85
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #52 of 85
Honestly I think the subbass is only slightly rolled off. Treble only when modding but then it's easier for ears. I still love my HiveX but it's very precise and piercing. It has less slam on the bass and a very clean sound, that sometimes I feel it's too light and I just want to crank the volume too much.

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #53 of 85
Today I was playing my 80's playlist and I upped the bass boost to the mid setting on my iFi. And it was even more fun!

With many headphones I would find that too much and it becomes very "thumpy", but as I have said many times, these headphone really do take to take to bass boosting. :L3000:

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #54 of 85
Today I was playing my 80's playlist and I upped the bass boost to the mid setting on my iFi. And it was even more fun!

With many headphones I would find that too much and it becomes very "thumpy", but as I have said many times, these headphone really do take to take to bass boosting. :L3000:
It's been great reading your take on the Ambrosia!
How does the 109 Pro's compare to the Ambrosia?

Dec 11, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #55 of 85
It's been great reading your take on the Ambrosia!
How does the 109 Pro's compare to the Ambrosia?
The Ambrosia's are one of the best deals in Head-Fi. I think the Ambrosia punches above its weight and the 109's punch at or below their weight. If I had to pick one, it would be a tough choice, but I would probably choose the Ambrosia. I think I say that because I know I could get more back on the 109's while enjoying the Ambrosia's.

I wish I could find another gem under $500.00 for Christmas. I have been dancing around three different models in that range, but can not seem to pull the trigger.

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #56 of 85
The Ambrosia's are one of the best deals in Head-Fi. I think the Ambrosia punches above its weight and the 109's punch at or below their weight. If I had to pick one, it would be a tough choice, but I would probably choose the Ambrosia. I think I say that because I know I could get more back on the 109's while enjoying the Ambrosia's.

I wish I could find another gem under $500.00 for Christmas. I have been dancing around three different models in that range, but can not seem to pull the trigger.
Come on, Shane: spill. What are the three models under $500 you're considering? :)

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #57 of 85
Come on, Shane: spill. What are the three models under $500 you're considering? :)
Hifiman HE-R10D's, wired and wireless for $409.00. (The shipping charge was wacky high with extra items - pads and rings)
FiiO FT5's at $449-$499.00 (Ready to buy from HiFigo, but the price shot up $100.00)
Used ETA 02's at $400.00. (I had a deal with a seller, but backed out last night)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #58 of 85
Going for a month long vacation with the wife in 2 weeks so buying gears are on hold for me until next year. Ambrosia is very much still on my radar.

Focal Elex on final sale over at Headphones for $499

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #59 of 85
Going for a month long vacation with the wife in 2 weeks so buying gears are on hold for me until next year. Ambrosia is very much still on my radar.

Focal Elex on final sale over at Headphones for $499
Yes, they were doing open boxes for $449.00! To me, that is the best deal in headphones, right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back