Ambient/Drone
Oct 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 30
I found a Spotify playlist with lots of good ambient and drone music: Den ledsna elektroniska http://open.spotify.com/user/billyr/playlist/63EugazZp19PT9nufD3f8q

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 30
Yes, and Solar Fields:

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 30

and Hol baumann and all the others from ultimae records, and theres also kryptic minds, phaeleh, ghosts of paraguay, synthetic epiphany, clubroot (and if he counts then theres also burial and all that lot), soular order, r.roo, seven, tineidae...

and them theres actual chillout, with guys like kruder and dorfmiester (i have no idea how to spell that), zero7...

my favorite type of music 

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #21 of 30
Very nice.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #23 of 30
Love Robert Rich. Great taste in here. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #26 of 30
and the godfather of ambient Brian Eno.this track in particular is just amazing.This track is from Apollo:Atmospheres and Soundtracks, other recommend ambient albums by Eno worth seeking out are Ambient 1:Music For Airports,Ambient 2:The Plateaux of Mirror (with Harold Budd),Ambient 4:On Land,The Pearl (with Harold Budd) .Music For Films,More Music For Films and January 07003:Bell Studies for the Clock of the Long Now. and of course there are others,but for his ambient material these are all worth owning.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #27 of 30
Cant help but plug Carbon Based Lifeforms some more, all their albums are excellent! Solar Fields also have some good stuff to offer, ummm who else.... Vibrasphere, H.U.V.A Network, Shulman. Theres also some really nice ambient stuff on the soundtracks of Gravity, and Oblivion I recommend those. 

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #28 of 30
Deleted

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #29 of 30
  Robert Rich, especially his 7 hour epic Somnium (meant to be play on low volume while sleeping).

Nice avatar - Microdisney: one of the great lost bands of the 80s and The Clock... was their finest hour. Keep music evil, as Cathal said.

Old thread, but what the hell. I third Robert Rich - really like his collaboration with Lustmord, Stalker. Tim Hecker has been mentioned already - Ravedeath, 1972 is a personal favourite. I'd also add Ben Frost, particularly By The Throat: although it would probably described more as experimental, it definitely has a dark ambient undercurrent. Some of The Black Dog's later works, such as Thee Lounge EP, are also worth checking and it's still hard to beat Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works II for some proper illbient vibes. Going way back, some early Krautrock is dark ambient ahead of its time: Zeit by Tangerine Dream + Irrlicht and Cyborg by Klaus Schulze. My straight up favourite in the genre is probably Xela or Raison d'etre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back