AMB Lab Mini3 vs iBasso D2
Jun 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Navyblue

Headphoneus Supremus
In terms of absolute sound quality and raw power, does the Mini3 have a clear edge against D2 (Viper or Boa)? I'm willing to spend for best parts available to build the Mini3.

Other aspects such as DAC or size does not concern me much.

Jun 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Well I owned all 3, the iBasso D2 Viper was definetely better than the Mini^3 that I owned, and the iBasso D2 Boa is around the same level as the Mini^3. But I haven't really burned in the Boa yet, so my comments might not be that accurate. Also, I used Yuin PK1s with the Mini^3 vs. the Denon D2000s with the D2 Viper and Boa... just something to keep in mind. But my ranking right now would go something like.

1. D2 Viper
2. Mini^3 = D2 Boa

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, it seems that the Mini3 will not be obviously better than the D2, if at all, I guess I don't need to consider the hassle of DIY.

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, it seems that the Mini3 will not be obviously better than the D2, if at all, I guess I don't need to consider the hassle of DIY.

FWIW, having just built one of these on Friday, the Mini^3 is a very straightforward build. Best part is it only cost me ~$66 shipped for all the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back