AMB CKKIII Channel Crosstalk problem
Oct 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mewrei

Head-Fier
So I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment.  I've finished building my second CKKIII (never got the first one working so I scrapped it and started over).  After replacing the board with a completely new one, with new components, replacing the voltage regulators with higher quality ones, trying several different types of output transistors, and many other individual experiments, I'm still experiencing the same problem.

The problem is, the left channel receives all the fidelity.  There's practically no bass or voice in the right channel (yet I'm still getting some music through the right channel).  And here's the weird part, if I unplug the left channel, I immediately start getting great fidelity in the right channel and life is good in the right channel, I just obviously don't have any left channel.

I've gone over everything with a fine toothed comb to make sure anything isn't gapped or similar and I can't seem to find any.

I've figured out that the Input Right and Left channels have about 170ohms separation from the main ground if that makes any difference.

Any advice is appreciated.

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Fixed this issue, I had the terminals on the headphone jack mixed up.  

Tip = Left
Ring = Right
Sleeve = Ground

Now to commit that to memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back