amazon used offers experience?
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tiestolife

New Head-Fier
I have been searching around the best price for the senn HD650, and while browsing amazon I saw a very low price only to realize it was part of same "used" program.

They are quoted super cheap here http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00018MSNI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used Anyone with experience buying used phones like this? You can see that some are described as "like new" and others as "very good". To be honest I have no clue whats the difference lol.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 10
go for Like New unless Refurbished is cheaper.  I bought headphones used from Amazon Like New, and indeed it was.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 10
I bought my dt990 used before from amazon. But the seller was amazon itself. They came in excellent condition but if it was my money I only buy from the amazon warehouse deals

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 10
I bought my dt990 used before from amazon. But the seller was amazon itself. They came in excellent condition but if it was my money I only buy from the amazon warehouse deals

It's a complete crapshoot if you use vendors outside of Amazon. I've had delightful experiences with reputable businesses, and horrible experiences even from highly rated companies. Unless it's a company well regarded around here, or Amazon itself, I would be cautious. Absolutely stay away from Yogi Computer. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

It's a complete crapshoot if you use vendors outside of Amazon. I've had delightful experiences with reputable businesses, and horrible experiences even from highly rated companies. Unless it's a company well regarded around here, or Amazon itself, I would be cautious. Absolutely stay away from Yogi Computer. 

Actually I didn't know it was possible for outsiders to sell their stuff on Amazon. For these kind of prices tho, especially compared to the fees ebay charge, I think it can be worth it. But yeah its good idea to google the seller first...

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 10
I've bought headphones from  Amazon in "Like New" condition, and it was indeed in like new condition. Just buy from a seller that has a high rating, and with a good return policy, and you should be set. Just be careful because some of the used headphones I bought didn't come with all of the accessories. For instance, the Pro700MKIIs that I bought used didn't come in the box, there was a cable missing (they come with a straight and coiled cable), and the 1/4 adapter wasn't Audio Technica's special screw-in adapter, but some other one that clicks on. The headphones themselves were in basically brand new condition, nonetheless. 

If I were you, I would spend the extra money and get the refurbs. Those are basically brand new headphones, and it comes with the factory warranty. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I have been searching around the best price for the senn HD650, and while browsing amazon I saw a very low price only to realize it was part of same "used" program.

They are quoted super cheap here http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00018MSNI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used Anyone with experience buying used phones like this? You can see that some are described as "like new" and others as "very good". To be honest I have no clue whats the difference lol.

Heya,

I buy used from Amazon all the time. Probably half my collection was from there.

But I'm selective; I only buy from amazon warehouse used deals unless it's something I absolutely cannot find. The condition ratings are very hit or miss. Sometimes it's absolutely mint, when it was rated "good." Sometimes it's straight broken. I've bought all kinds of stuff, not just headphones, but anything electronic, in general, just is going to be hit or miss after it's shipped around the world and reboxed and shipped again. I've got lots of things in near perfect condition. I've gotten a few that were broken or damaged or just not something I ended up wanting anyways. Due to that, I buy only from amazon warehouse. Why? Absolute 30 day return policy. I don't even worry because I can send it back without question. If you buy used/refurb from a retail store on Amazon that is not Amazon, you are stuck with their return policy which may or may not exist and they will be a hassle if there's a problem. Amazon has zero hassle. So I will pay a few dollars more for that ability to use that return policy without fret.

Very best,

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #9 of 10
Like MalVeauX said, if you're gonna buy used from amazon buy the from AWD (Amazon Warehouse Deals).
Almost all my used headphones I bought are from AWD. Same great return service and most of the time the used items from AWD are in great shape.
Here's a link if anyone's interested
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=footer_wrhsdls?ie=UTF8&node=1267877011

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 10

Heya,

I buy used from Amazon all the time. Probably half my collection was from there.

But I'm selective; I only buy from amazon warehouse used deals unless it's something I absolutely cannot find. The condition ratings are very hit or miss. Sometimes it's absolutely mint, when it was rated "good." Sometimes it's straight broken. I've bought all kinds of stuff, not just headphones, but anything electronic, in general, just is going to be hit or miss after it's shipped around the world and reboxed and shipped again. I've got lots of things in near perfect condition. I've gotten a few that were broken or damaged or just not something I ended up wanting anyways. Due to that, I buy only from amazon warehouse. Why? Absolute 30 day return policy. I don't even worry because I can send it back without question. If you buy used/refurb from a retail store on Amazon that is not Amazon, you are stuck with their return policy which may or may not exist and they will be a hassle if there's a problem. Amazon has zero hassle. So I will pay a few dollars more for that ability to use that return policy without fret.

Very best,

What Mal said.  + a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back