Amazon ship email weirdness.
Nov 27, 2007 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RickB

Headphoneus Supremus
I just recently ordered a Sony 4GB S616 flash player from Amazon. When they sent me an email notifying me of shipment, they stated that it was sent UPS Ground, but included a non-UPS tracking number starting with 9 that Gmail (which has a built-in tracking feature) identified as a United Postal Service tracking number. What? This was shipped Friday, but no tracking has showed up yet.

I already sent an email to Amazon customer service, but was wondering if anyone here had received something like that and had a possible explanation (other than a simple mixup). Thanks.

Rick

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recently ordered a Sony 4GB S616 flash player from Amazon. When they sent me an email notifying me of shipment, they stated that it was sent UPS Ground, but included a non-UPS tracking number starting with 9 that Gmail (which has a built-in tracking feature) identified as a United Postal Service tracking number. What? This was shipped Friday, but no tracking has showed up yet.

I already sent an email to Amazon customer service, but was wondering if anyone here had received something like that and had a possible explanation (other than a simple mixup). Thanks.

Rick

I dunno about your problem, but recently Free Shipping has been shipped out using USPS so if you used free shipping that could be why.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 5
No, I didn't use Free Shipping, just the Standard Shipping, which came out to ~ 5 bucks. I guess it's possible it was sent USPS and the bit about UPS Ground is a mistake. I'll probably have to wait for a reply from their Customer Service to know for sure.
confused.gif

Rick

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I didn't use Free Shipping, just the Standard Shipping, which came out to ~ 5 bucks. I guess it's possible it was sent USPS and the bit about UPS Ground is a mistake. I'll probably have to wait for a reply from their Customer Service to know for sure.
confused.gif

Rick

Did you try the tracking at USPS to see if it pulls up there? Last package I had sent to me via USPS started with a 9

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 5
Just read the reply from Amazon Customer service. They state that it was sent UPS, and that "no tracking number is currently available". Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be surprised when it shows up, however it shows up.
rolleyes.gif

Rick

P.S. And no, running the tracking number I got in the original ship email at USPS doesn't pull up anything-- it says there is no record of this item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back