Amazon obviously doesn't know me
Apr 22, 2010 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Shark50521

100+ Head-Fier
I was pricing out some headphones today and came across this little gem. *working on fixing the photo issue hold please* Bah, I cannot figure out how to link to my flickr so you'll just have to deal with the attachment

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 13
haha, you knew what I was talking about before I could even get my picture working, and to think I thought amazon knew me thanks to its semi accurate book predictions, then it has to go and insult me like this.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 13
LOL!
So just because you are browsing on Sony headphones they assume you are interested in Dr. Dre's.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 13
funny thing happened. Just received one of amazon's product suggestion email. Guess what they are suggesting? "Amazon.com: Denon AH-D7000 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - soft satin piano gloss"

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #7 of 13
well, amazon keeps suggesting items ive told them i already have and whats even better, amazon US is continuously sending me suggestions for products that they wont sell me even if i wanted to buy since im outside the US

oh and once they sent me a list of car sized power tools as suggestions, really no idea where they got that idea from

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, amazon keeps suggesting items ive told them i already have and whats even better, amazon US is continuously sending me suggestions for products that they wont sell me even if i wanted to buy since im outside the US

oh and once they sent me a list of car sized power tools as suggestions, really no idea where they got that idea from

maybe amazon thinks you should be more manly and use tools more often

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 13
That is pretty funny tvrboy, LOL I get all kinds of suggestions from Amazon but all in all I still buy from them. Will have to look into those manly tools.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funny thing happened. Just received one of amazon's product suggestion email. Guess what they are suggesting? "Amazon.com: Denon AH-D7000 - Headphones ( ear-cup ) - soft satin piano gloss"

Thats the thing, they send me recommendations in my emails all the time that don't suck then I'm just there and they are like hey want some ****ty headphones?

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 13
Probably has to do with building suggestions from a limited table of information since there aren't that many people with similar tastes, but that's me being defensive and logical and stuff.
atsmile.gif

On the fun side, I get some pretty random suggestions sometimes. Lot of it having to do with video games and anime, since that comprises a lot of my purchases on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back