amazon marketplace sellers?
Sep 21, 2007 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

TheAnomaly

500+ Head-Fier
i recently bought an item from an amazon marketplace seller with a good reputation, like 98% positive feedback with 12,000 ratings. i figured it would be a safe bet, and the product was a really good value.

anyway, i placed my order on monday, and the seller said it would be shipped by wednesday. my card was charged, but there's been no update on the order status page, and i didn't get an e-mail saying it was shipped or anything. i e-mailed the seller on wednesday asking what the situation was, and the auto-response said they would respond within 48 hours, and they haven't. is this sort of behavior normal for major marketplace sellers? how can i track my order? i assumed i would get a tracking number like when i order from newegg and the like, but so far nothing. i'm not all that concerned i got ripped off or anything, it just seems like a little dialog would be helpful.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 11
I routinely get email notices of items shipped after I receive my items. I wouldn't worry too much just yet. I've also never had a single problem with amazon sellers, despite having bought hundreds of cds this way.

I also never get tracking numbers, but then again I only really buy music.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 11
I honestly think you'll be fine. I know that waiting can be agonizing, but thats the price we pay for good prices (odd wording, lol). Keep in mind, should you actually get shafted, you can-and are expected to-leave negative feedback for that seller. Just like here at headfi. The feedback is motivation enough for most sellers to be honest and reasonably timely.

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 11
The same thing happened with me and a PS1 game...Toy Story Racer. I never received an email saying the item had shipped and then a week later it just showed up in my mailbox. I wouldn't worry. Even if there is a problem, you're protected thru Amazon.com.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 11
I've had bad luck with the marketplace sellers because Amazon's system is considerably more anonymous than eBay. I paid a fair price for an item described as new and it arrived in a condition that could only be described as, "so used, it might as well have been broken."

But, I wish you luck. Often, it's just some guy selling from his used CD collection.

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #9 of 11
I bought a few items from marketplace sellers and never had an issue bar one. The seller shipped a refurbished item when it was labeled new. I contacted Amazon and they refunded the purchase.

Also communication from some Amazon marketplace sellers in general is not great.

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a few items from marketplace sellers and never had an issue bar one. The seller shipped a refurbished item when it was labeled new. I contacted Amazon and they refunded the purchase.

Also communication from some Amazon marketplace sellers in general is not great.

No matter who you buy from online, there's always going to be some online retailers who communicate better than others. The same thing can happen on ebay or anywhere else. Once you find some sellers who you like, stick with them and they'll always try to take care of you.
loosebruce

May 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 11
you would be surprised, my friend sells lots of cd's/vinyl/etc by himself and hes up to at least 6K sales total on ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back