Amazon Marketplace Issue
Oct 7, 2007 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Headphoneus Supremus
A month ago my dad bought a nice 20" LCD monitor mainly for the 8-bit capacity instead of the 6-bits of today. He paid about $200. It was labeled as 'new'. What he got was definately not new. It had a sticky residue on the bottom that ruined the wood on my desk when he set it down then it wouldn't come back up. Also, the monitor wasn't in the best physical shape. It was slightly tilted, edges had no paint and the DVI didn't work. Then the whole monitor stopped working due to frayed wires or something in the PSU. Either way, we didn't want to keep a monitor with so many issues and for $200+. Although when it did work there weren't any dead pixels.
blink.gif

So we complained. Sent at least 5 complaints to the seller. Nothing. Then when we complained to Amazon to get our money back. We did. The seller then sent us an email stating his anger. Then when we were going to ship it back he said that he would send us a mailing slip to send the package to the right location.

We didn't get any address or mailing slip. It's now been nearly a month. Even after more emails we got no reply.

What should I do with the monitor? Keep it and try to fix it?

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I would ask amazon what to do. If you do not returned, the seller may report to amazon that you did not returned the item, thus get amazon to charge you back for it.

I am sure once you contact amazon again with this issue, they may contact the seller to resolve the issue. At least, if you keep amazon updated, they seller will not have an excuse to try to charge you back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back