Amazon finally has 16gb Sony NWZ-A729!!!
Apr 8, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #4 of 9
The SQ is MUCH better then an iPod or Zen. The Sony's are regarded as one of the best sounding DAPs around here (only Cowon seems to have more of a following).

The build quality, UI, EQ, and other features are much better then the Zen and iPod for that matter.

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 9
I agree that the sound quality of my Sony 818 is significantly better, but I can't agree with the other comments. I think the interface of the Ipod is much more intuitive and there are more flexible options regarding playback, playlists on the fly etc.

I'm also a tad disappointed in the build of my Sony. When I first saw one in the shop on display, I assumed, rather like with mobile phones, it was a "dummy" model. I was therefore a bit surprised when I opened the box when mine arrived in the post! It has a rather light, plasticky, disposable feel to it. Certainly not a patch on my daughter's new Nano.

But I forgive all that for the sound!

Apr 9, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 9
is the SQ the same as the A818? if it's better i will shoot someone...

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #9 of 9
Ive read reviews that say the a818 is better and other reviews that say the newer model is better (bigger soundstage IIRC) and others say there is no difference.

You might want to check out the thread titled "Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's" as there are links to reviews on the new model.

I don't think you will be disappointed in either.

Before you plunge $300 on an a729 you might want to check out my post on this page:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/so...1/index21.html

$260 free shipping for an a829
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back